My main scientific interests are:
- Subsidence history of the Betics, SE Spain
Investigation of the rift events in SE Spain from the Palaeozoic to nowadays.
- The early history of the Hudson Bay basin
Investigation of Palaeozoic rifting and subsequent uplift and erosion.
- 2D subsidence modelling of various sedimentary basins around the world:
e.g. the Dniepr-Donets basin (Ukraine), the North Sea and the San Jorge basin (Argentina).
- The development of Regolith and the geochemistry of Laterites.
- "The Early History of the Hudson Bay Basin using 1D and 2D Subsidence Modelling", in prep.
- "Subsidence Analyses from the Betic Cordillera of Spain", submitted in March 2001.
- "The History of the Hudson Bay - Constraints from 2D Subsidence Modelling", EUG XI Conference, Strasbourg, April 2001.
- "The Inverse Approach - 2D Subsidence Modelling of Extensional Sedimentary Basins with an Example from the North Sea", New Insights into Basin Studies, Conference of the Geological Society, London, March 2001.
- "2D Inverse Subsidence Modelling of Sedimentary Basins World-Wide", Geological Modelling, Conference of the Geological Society, London, September 2000.
Title of the thesis for my 1st degree:
"Sedimentology and Tectonics of the Galley Head, County Cork, SW Ireland"
Investigation of the formation of a sedimentary basin during the Devonian and Carboniferous and its complex deformation during the Herzynian Orogeny.
Last updated: February 2nd 2002
Return to home page